Festive Toffee Coffee Ice Cream Terrine
- 6 tablespoons coffee liqueur, divided
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 quart Turkey Hill Chocolate Ice Cream, softened
- 1 (12 oz.) bag chocolate-covered toffee candy bars, finely chopped
- 1/2 gallon Turkey Hill Coffee Ice Cream, softened
- 1 (3 oz.) package soft ladyfingers
- 1 cup strong-brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Garnishes: whipped topping, chopped toffee
Line two 9" x 5" loaf pans with plastic wrap, allowing excess to hang over sides.
Stir together 1 tablespoon coffee liqueur and instant coffee granules until dissolved. Combine coffee mixture, chocolate ice cream, and half of the chopped toffee in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine 1/2 gallon coffee ice cream and remaining chopped toffee. Spread half of chocolate ice-cream mixture evenly into 1 prepared loaf pan; top with half of coffee ice cream mixture. Repeat layers in remaining loaf pan.
Brush ladyfingers with 3 tablespoons coffee liqueur; place ladyfingers, brushed sides down, evenly over ice cream in loaf pans. Fold plastic wrap over to seal; freeze at least 8 hours.
Stir together brewed coffee, sugar, and cornstarch in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture starts to boil. Reduce heat to low, and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened and clear. Remove from heat; cool.
Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons liqueur; cover and chill coffee sauce until ready to serve.
Invert tortes onto serving plates; remove and discard plastic wrap. Garnish, if desired. Serve with chilled coffee sauce.
Makes 12 servings.