Three Apple Cake
- 1 Granny Smith apple (8 ounces), cored and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 Jonathan apple (8ounce), cored and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 2 Braeburn apple (8 ounces each), and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2/3 Cup dark-brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1/2 Cup cream
- 1/4 Cup unsalted Butter, melted, plus 3 tablespoon cold unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup butterscotch sauce
Heat oven to 350°F. Lined a 8x8x2-inch baking pan with heavy duty foil. Coat it with butter. (Make sure you have some of the foil over laying the pan.) Place apples in bottom of baking dish. Top with dates, cinnamon, and allspice. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and baking soda. In a small bowl, blend egg, brown sugar, sugar, 1/4 cup cream, the melted butter, and vanilla.
Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and stir in egg mixture. Pour over apple in baking pan.
In a small saucepan, combine remaining 1/4 cup cream, 3 tablespoons of butter, and butterscotch sauce. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat and pour over batter in baking pan.
Bake at 350°F for 40-50 minutes or until toothpick tests clean. Serve with vanilla ice cream.